Monday, April 16, 2012

Early Birthday Present

I love the beach. It's one of the most magical places on earth. I love breathing in salty air and coconut oil, feeling the cool, moist breeze comb through my hair and kiss my skin. I love being hypnotized by the endless rising and falling of the waves, feeling the cool water crash into my ankles as my feet get sucked down into the grainy sand. Nature can be so soothing--sharks and jellyfish aside. I adore tropical vacations--particularly cruises. Don't get me started about cruises. Anyway, I also hope to live near the ocean someday, it's been a longtime dream of mine.

So when I found this painting on eBay, I had to have it. When my parents found out I was lusting after it, they decided to buy it for me as an early birthday present. Isn't it gorgeous? The surprising part is it was dirt cheap. Find more lovely seascapes on Ken's website, here.

No comments: