Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wall Collages

 Lately I've been really into wall collages and wanted to do a couple of my own. I LOVE to collect art. I would collect SO much more if the budget allowed it. Above are several pieces of art that mean something to me. Some are photos my friends took, a few are random pieces by strangers I fell in love with, some are some important or meaningful moments captured and then I made a few. This collage was surprisingly affordable. I got a steal on a lot of these pieces (some of them I snagged from friends and only had to pay the printing fee) and most of these frames were under a buck from a local thrift store.
I love the color scheme--neutral colored art and frames against a lime green wall and above my tomato red couch, which was also a steal. And I got that sculpture to the left of my couch for 90% off at Pier 1 Imports. Not bad, eh? I ADORE bargain hunting. It's one of my specialties.
This collage is hanging in my bedroom. The photos were taken by my uber talented Israeli friend, Michal Barnea. I paid about $8 to make this one. I am also working on a third collage. Can't wait to show you!

No comments: