Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Mon Coeur

This is the very first time I've ever painted a baby! There's a first for everything. A mother's profound love for her children inspired this piece. I titled it Mon Coeur, which is French for My Heart.

As usual, I had a lot of fun experimenting with colors and patterns. With the last few paintings, I've been limiting my color palette. I make a variety of colors using the same basic ones, just mixing them in different ways, which is a new thing for me. I used to use maybe fifteen or more different tubes of paint, but now I stick to around eight or nine. For this piece, I used ultramarine blue, peacock blue, pyrrole red (a color I have a crush on right now), cadmium red light, magenta, raw umber, raw sienna, mars black and titanium white.

No comments: