Saturday, April 9, 2016

Transformation

Recently I've experienced a transformation. Years of healing have occurred (thanks to my Savior, Jesus Christ and His Atonement, alternative therapy and life coaching). I am happier and more confident than I've ever been. For most of my life I was afraid of revealing my true, authentic self. Fear of rejection and being judged paralyzed me. Emotionally I was a hermit. I was afraid of trusting, making friends. I was afraid of exposing my art and writing to the world. It was traumatic, sharing my talents. But then I realized the world needs ME (and YOU). The real me and you. Not some phony version of us. Not some recluse who refuses to show up. So many people have shown up and blessed my life immensely by sharing their authentic self, their vulnerability, their talents, their friendship. It's time I stop hiding under by covers or behind my couch and let the world around me experience the real me.
These days I decorate my surroundings to inspire myself and those around me. I made this wall collage in my bedroom a week or two ago. The butterfly theme represents transformation. The lovely butterfly ladies were created by a favorite artist, Sofia Bonati. I did the watercolor in the lower left-hand corner. Not only is this wall lovely to look at, it's a reminder of who I truly am. A reminder to be authentic, vulnerable, me.

Affordable prints of the above works can be found here.

No comments: